Dec. 26, 2021
Matthew 16:18. Now I say to you that you are Peter (which means ‘rock’), and upon this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it.
EKKLESIA “those who are called out and called together”
- To go to church is not to go to a place but to gather together as a people who have a purpose and a power.
- The word "communion" is defined as the act of sharing, or holding in common; participation.
1 Corinthians 12:12-13. The human body has many parts, but the many parts make up one whole body. So it is with the body of Christ. 13 Some of us are Jews, some are Gentiles, some are slaves, and some are free. But we have all been baptized into one body by one Spirit, and we all share the same Spirit.
1 John 1:7. But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.
- All that we have is given to us as a gift by God to give to each other.
KOINONIA. = Fellowship. The root word is “common”. .
- An encourager is aware and sensitive to what people around him are facing.
What were some of the greatest sin of the church?
- They wanted to share in the gift of fellowship without the cost.
- They wanted the reputation and privilege without paying the price.
- They were jealous of the honor that was given to Barnabas.
When you are in Christ, you are accountable to the fellowship.
There can be no exclusive private relationship with the Holy Spirit which allows us to live unchecked by the Fellowship.
What kind of church would we have if everyone acted as I do?